Get dinner on the table in 25 minutes or less with a family-friendly recipe for extra-moist Baked Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs tossed in a homemade teriyaki sauce.
What’s not to cherish about a past culinary exemplary like chicken teriyaki? Trade in heated chicken meatballs for singed chicken bosom and you have a 30-minute feast appropriate for all ages.
You might be thinking about how chicken meatballs might perhaps be sodden or have any character. Permit me to acquaint you with my clear-cut advantage: squashed pineapple.
The organic product itself stars in the meatball combination, while the depleted juices are mixed into the natively constructed teriyaki sauce. An all out takeout fakeout.
My other distinct advantage for extra-delicious meatballs? A smaller than usual biscuit skillet! Every one of the juices delivered as the meatballs cook get doused once again into them.
No small scale biscuit skillet? Don’t worry about it! Just coat a heating dish with cooking shower, orchestrate the meatballs in lines and fire up the broiler.
Teriyaki sauce over meatballs in clear blending bowl
The best part is that these meatballs are prepared at a high temp so they’re prepared for throwing in minutes, and that implies supper is on your table in a short time or less. Serve over rice or noodles and supper is finished!
Get dinner on the table in 25 minutes or less with this recipe for extra-moist Baked Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs tossed in a homemade teriyaki sauce.
PREP TIME 10 mins
COOK TIME 15 mins
TOTAL TIME 25 mins
FOR THE MEATBALLS:
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 lbs ground chicken
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 Tablespoons minced scallions
- 2 Tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple (juices drained)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
FOR THE SAUCE:
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon water
MAKE THE MEATBALLS:
- Preheat the oven to 500ºF. Spray a mini-muffin pan or baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, stir together the milk and Panko breadcrumbs and let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground chicken, garlic, ginger, scallions, soy sauce, crushed pineapple, pepper and soaked breadcrumbs. Use your hands to thoroughly combine the meat mixture and then shape it into balls using 2 to 3 tablespoons of meat per meatball.
- Place the shaped meatballs into the prepared pan and bake for 12 to 15 minutes until the meatballs are fully cooked. While the meatballs are baking, prepare the sauce.
MAKE THE SAUCE:
- In a medium saucepan set over medium heat, whisk together the soy sauce, water, pineapple juice, brown sugar, garlic and ginger. Cook, whisking constantly, until the sugar has dissolved fully.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch with the water to make a slurry. Whisk the slurry into the sauce and simmer until it has thickened to the consistency of syrup, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the meatballs from the oven and transfer them into a large bowl. Pour the sauce on top and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
- After draining the crushed pineapple, use the resulting juice in the sauce recipe.
- The meatball mixture will be very wet while you are shaping it into balls, however the added liquid from the milk and crushed pineapple helps guarantee the meatballs will be very moist.