This Easy Creamy Tomato Chicken and Chorizo Pasta takes under 30 minutes to cook! And is sure to be a hit with the whole family.
With delicious chicken and flavor-stuffed chorizo frankfurter, this rich pasta formula has such a lot of flavor while as yet conveying a smooth and ameliorating yet straightforward supper.
We like this with penne pasta, however you can utilize any pasta shape you like here. Serve it with some garlic bread, a side plate of mixed greens and supper is finished!
We do adore pasta! Furthermore, this Creamy Tomato Chicken and Chorizo Pasta is a family top pick! Generally on the grounds that it is pressed brimming with flavor!!! The key is a decent Chorizo frankfurter. It adds such a huge amount to the basic sauce!!
A flavorful family supper, that cooks in less than 30 minutes and is destined to be delighted in by even the pickiest eaters. Victor WINNER! CHICKEN CHORIZO DINNER!
The foundation of the sauce is a basic container of tomatoes, this is layered with flavor from some ringer peppers, onions, and Italian spices.
On the off chance that you have it, a little trace of smoked paprika assists with improving the smoky chorizo and some sugar adjusts the causticity of the tomatoes.
Recipe Hints and Tips
- Bell Peppers – You can use any color of peppers (capsicums) you like here. We prefer the sweeter red and yellow varieties. But add green if you like.
- Onions – You can use red, white or brown onions for this dish.
- Canned Tomatoes – for this sauce it is best to use crushed or chopped tomatoes. They meld into a sauce better than the whole tomatoes.
- Sugar – you can use brown, white or castor sugar.
- Salt – PLEASE salt your pasta water well. But for the sauce, taste it before you add any salt, chorizo sausage varies in salt content so yours could be more/less salty than mine.
- Pasta – as mentioned above use whatever shape you and your family love. Or whatever is in the cupboard.
- Cream – I use a heavy cream/whipping cream/thickened cream here as I don’t want the acidity of the tomatoes to split the cream. You can replace it with half and half or milk but there is a chance that your sauce will look slightly split. This won’t affect the taste but it will affect the appearance and thickness.
This Easy Creamy Tomato Chicken and Chorizo Pasta takes under 30 minutes to cook! And is sure to be a hit with the whole family. With juicy chicken and flavor-packed chorizo sausage, this creamy pasta recipe has so much flavor whilst still delivering a creamy and comforting yet simple dinner. We like this as a chicken penne dish, but you can use any pasta shape you like here. Serve it with some garlic bread and a side salad and dinner is done!
Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 20 mins
Total Time 30 mins
Course: Main Dish
- 5.5 oz chorizo – see note 1
- 1 onion
- 1 red bell peppers see note 2
- 1 yellow bell pepper see note 2
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 garlic cloves – crushed
- 1 can chopped tomatoes (14oz/400g)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika – optional
- 14 oz pasta – see note 3
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- flat-leaf parsley
- Peel and chop the onion, then chop the bell peppers and set to one side.
- Slice the chorizo into disks.
- Heat the olive oil a large frying pan over high heat, add the chorizo and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped onion and peppers and cook for another 2–3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Whilst the peppers are cooking chop the chicken breasts into small chunks.
- Add the chicken to the pan and stir around in the oil for 1-2 minutes until lightly golden. Add in the garlic and stir together until aromatic (less than 1 minute)
- Add the chopped tomatoes, Italian seasoning, sugar, salt, and smoked paprika if using.
- Bring to a simmer and then cook gently whilst you cook the pasta.
- Bring a large pan of water to a boil. Add a tablespoon of salt then pour in the pasta.
- Reserve a cup of the pasta cooking liquid then drain the pasta.
- Add the pasta to the tomato sauce mixture and pour in the heavy cream.
- Stir everything together until well coated, thinning the sauce with pasta water as needed.
- Stir through the fresh spinach and allow to wilt. Serve immediately with parmesan and chopped parsley.
- I usually make this dish with the firm cured Spanish chorizo, have a lookout for it at the grocery store, you’ll find it with the prepacked hams and lunch meat. But if you can only find the soft Mexican sausage kind then go ahead and use that in this dish, it will work well too!
- You can use any color of peppers (capsicums) you like here. We prefer the sweeter red and yellow varieties. But add green if you like.
- You can use any pasta shape that your family likes here. Penne, rigatoni, spiralli, ziti, and pasta shells work well. Or pick a long pasta like spaghetti or linguine.
CALORIES: 902kcal | CARBOHYDRATES: 89g | PROTEIN: 47g | FAT: 39g | SATURATED FAT: 19g | CHOLESTEROL: 178mg | SODIUM: 928mg | POTASSIUM: 1097mg | FIBER: 6g | SUGAR: 9g | VITAMIN A: 2924IU | VITAMIN C: 109mg | CALCIUM: 127mg | IRON: 4mg