Golden crisp perfection! These Spicy Baked Quesadillas with Jalapeño Mackerel are quick, easy, and perfect for a snack or quick weeknight dinner.
Quesadillas are generally singed up on a frying pan or in a skillet with oil or margarine. Presently, I’m not in the least gone against to a periodic seared food. However, assuming it’s comparable—or better—when prepared, that is the manner by which I roll. Also, that is the means by which it will be with quesadillas in this house from this point forward. These terrible young men are fresh, messy, melty flawlessness with simply a dab of oil and positively NO greasyness. I additionally love that they’re unfussy! They’re an incredible answer for a weeknight supper tie and they’re awesome for noshing while engaging. You know, when the pandemic is finished.
Poultry is effectively everybody’s go-to slender protein. Furthermore, that is fine. It’s cool. We like chicken. Be that as it may, King Oscar’s quality mackerel carries some extra to your supper with it’s rich surface and various medical advantages. It’s wealthy in protein and Omega-3 unsaturated fats, which settles on it an extraordinary decision for a heart-sound eating routine. These new Royal Filets of Mackerel with Jalapeño Peppers are loaded with cuts of jalapeño peppers, which gives them a decent punch of hotness—ideal for quesadillas! On the off chance that you can’t get your hands on King Oscar’s jalapeño assortment, you can catch them on Amazon. Another choice is to utilize their mackerel in additional virgin olive oil and adding your own cured jalapeños.
Golden crisp perfection! These Spicy Baked Quesadillas with Jalapeño Mackerel are quick, easy, and perfect for a snack or weeknight dinner.
Yield: 2 PEOPLE
Prep time: 10 MINS
Cook time: 15 MINS
Total time: 25 MINS
Course: APPETIZER, MAIN COURSE, SNACK
- 2 cans of King Oscar Royal Fillets of Mackerel with Jalapeño Peppers, drained very well, You can also use King Oscar’s olive oil variation
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 2 TBSP plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- A pinch of Kosher salt, to taste
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese , You could use any blend here, but we usually go for the Mexican blend.
- Olive oil, for brushing
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment paper
- Mixing bowl
- Spatula or mixing spoon
- Pastry brush (for olive oil; optional)
- Preheat your oven to 425º F and arrange a rack in the center of the oven.
- Add the drained mackerel, peppers, onions, Greek yogurt, cumin, chili powder, shredded cheese, and salt to a large mixing bowl, and mix until all of the ingredients are well blended.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly brush some olive oil over the parchment.Place a large tortilla onto the parchment and scoop half of the filling onto one side of the tortilla. Pat the filling down a bit to secure, and fold the tortilla over, pressing down lightly. Carefully slide the tortilla to one side of the baking sheet and place the other tortilla down. Repeat the same steps for filling and folding.
- Lightly brush the tops of the folded tortillas with olive oil.Place in the oven on the center rack and bake for about 15 minutes, or until the tortillas are lightly golden and crisped.
- When done, remove from the oven and let them sit for about 5 minutes to cool a bit.
- Cut the tortillas into wedges, place on a serving platter, and serve with salsa, guacamole, and plain Greek yogurt (or sour cream).
- To store, refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- To reheat in the microwave, zap it for 10 seconds at a time until warmed through.
- To reheat in the oven, bake it for five minutes at 350º F.