This brightly-flavored Spicy Sardine Salad Sandwich offers a punch of heat with spanish-style sardines and a healthy dose of Omega-3 fatty acids.
Simple snacks and more intelligent decisions—two things that enlivened this Spicy Sardine Salad Sandwich. We’re presently facing a daily reality such that turning out to be more mindful of how undesirable prepared shop meats are, and that can truly squeeze a sandwich darling’s style. What’s a sandwich without meats collapsed over cheeses and more meats, isn’t that so? The uplifting news is you can toss this nutritious and flavorful ‘wich into your pivot for great equilibrium while likewise being thoughtful to the climate. Furthermore, hello, you probably won’t miss that stacked Italian hoagie.
Canned sardines have unfavorable criticism, yet canned fish actually is by all accounts a famous choice from the canned fish path. The thing is, they’re not that not quite the same as each other with regards to taste, smell, or surface. What’s more, where they do vary, King Oscar’s filets dominate the competition. These flexible hand-pressed filets marinate in olive oil alongside different flavors and flavors to jazz things up. (Think: fiery pureed tomatoes, Mediterranean, zesty broke pepper… ) Anything you do with canned fish, you can do with canned sardines. Indeed, even the universal fish salad sandwich. Nonetheless, me taking a receptive fish formula and trading in sardines is less about attempting to make my statement and more with regards to empowering you to think about a more intelligent choice—for your wellbeing and the climate.
This brightly-flavored Spicy Sardine Salad Sandwich offers a punch of heat with spanish-style sardines. It also offers a healthy dose of Omega-3 fatty acids.
- 2 cans of King Oscar’s Spanish Style Skinless and Boneless Sardines, drained, If you don’t want the heat, go for King Oscar’s Skinless and Boneless Sardines in Olive Oil
- 1 TBSP of mayonnaise , You can add extra if you like it extra creamy
- 1 TBSP stone ground mustard, You can also use Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1 rib of celery, diced
- 1 TBSP drained capers
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 TBSP freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 TBSP chopped fresh parsley
- 4 slices of whole grain bread, toasted
Optional sandwich add ons.
- Bibb lettuce
- Thinly sliced red onions
- Place all of the ingredients from the drained sardines to the chopped fresh parsley into a large mixing bowl. (You can include the pepper, carrot, and pickle from the sardine can; simply cut them up beforehand.)
- With a fork, mix all of the ingredients in the bowl until well combined, flaking the sardines as you go.
- Toast your whole grain bread until just golden and crisp.
- Scoop the sardine salad evenly onto a slice of toasted bread, top with your preferred sandwich add ons, and close the sandwich up with another slice of toasted bread. Enjoy!
This Spicy Sardine Salad will stay good in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.