This homemade pumpkin pie recipe is a flaky crust with a smooth and creamy pumpkin filling, all baked to perfection. Pumpkin pie is a classic dessert during the fall months, and this version is the best I’ve ever had!
When Thanksgiving rolls around, I offer an assortment of fall sweets like apple shoemaker, pumpkin chocolate chip treats, and obviously an exemplary pumpkin pie. My formula incorporates some mysterious fixings that truly make it unique.
A cut of hand crafted pumpkin pie finished off with whipped cream and a treats pumpkin.
Hand crafted pumpkin pie is an absolute necessity have on any occasion table. Avoid the formula that returns on the of the jar of pumpkin, and attempt this adaptation all things considered. You’ll be wonderfully astonished by the final product!
This formula begins with a pie outside. Utilize a natively constructed hull or a pre-arranged covering, whichever you like. This pie filling is a blend of pumpkin puree, eggs, earthy colored sugar, flavors and substantial cream, which all get pureed together in the food processor. The filling is filled the covering, then, at that point, everything heated together until the outside layer is brilliant brown and the filling is set. Allow the pie to cool, then, at that point, cut into cuts and serve.
TIPS FOR THE PERFECT HOMEMADE PUMPKIN PIE
- I typically use a frozen pre-made pie crust for this recipe. It literally saves hours of prep time. My local store even sells a frozen pie crust that’s made with butter, so it tastes as good as homemade.
- Using a food processor is the key to getting a silky smooth filling. If you don’t own a food processor, a blender will also work just fine.
- The heavy cream is the secret ingredient in this recipe. Most pumpkin pie recipes call for evaporated milk, but the cream gives this pie the best texture and flavor. Half and half can be substituted for heavy cream, but the texture may suffer.
- This pie can be made up to 3 days before you plan to serve it. Store it loosely covered in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve it.
This homemade pumpkin pie recipe is a flaky crust with a smooth and creamy pumpkin filling, all baThis homemade pumpkin pie recipe is a flaky crust with a smooth and creamy pumpkin filling, all baked to perfection. Pumpkin pie is a classic dessert during the fall months, and this version is the best I’ve ever had!
Keyword homemade pumpkin pie, pumpkin pie
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour
Total Time 1 hour 15 minutes
- 1 pie crust for a 9 inch pan, homemade or store bought
- 1 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (freshly grated is best)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- whipped cream for serving optional
- Place the pie crust in a 9 inch pie pan. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the pumpkin puree in a food processor along with the brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and cloves. Pulse to combine.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, pulsing after each addition. Gradually add the cream in a thin stream, processing just until blended. Process 5 seconds longer.
- Pour the filling into the crust. Place the pie on a sheet pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Bake the pie for an additional 40-50 minutes or until center is just set and a toothpick inserted into the filling comes out clean.
- Cool the pie on a rack. Cut into slices and top with whipped cream if desired, or refrigerate the pie for later use.
Calories: 160kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 49mg | Sodium: 151mg | Potassium: 57mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 87IU | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 1mg