Breakfast sandwiches made with low carb keto biscuits, cheese, sausage and egg. This is my keto version of Sausage Egg McMuffins.
A couple of months prior, I shared a formula for very simple messy low carb keto rolls. I’ve made the formula almost multiple times. In addition to the fact that they taste like eatery drop rolls, however they rush to make.
This is a form of those keto bread rolls, with the exception of I eliminated the cheddar, cut them fifty-fifty and utilized them for these smaller than expected breakfast sandwiches.
Since the rolls are heated in a standard biscuit dish they are somewhat more modest than a customary breakfast sandwich, however they are likewise very filling. Their little size makes them incredible for an in a hurry breakfast.
They store and warm well as well, so you can make them early for dinner prep.
Easy low carb keto biscuit sandwiches. These mini sandwiches are made with the easiest drop biscuits. They reheat well and can be made for your weekly meal prep.
Prep time: 20 MINUTES
Cook time: 20 MINUTES
Total time: 40 MINUTES
- 1 ½ cups superfine almond flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp aluminum free baking powder
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp onion powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup full fat sour cream
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 tbsp oil you can use whatever oil you usually use for cooking eggs
- 4 large eggs
- 4 tbsp milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 breakfast sausage patties cooked/heated according to box instructions
- 8 small slices of cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Lightly grease muffin cavities of a 12-cup muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, salt, baking powder, garlic powder and onion powder.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs, sour cream, butter. Whisk until smooth. Pour into large bowl with dry ingredients.
- Mix with a whisk or spoon until batter is evenly mixed. It will be quite thick.
- Scoop ¼ cup of batter and place into muffin mold. The batter is sticky so you will likely need to use a spatula to scrape and remove all the batter from the measuring cup. Repeat until all batter is used up.
- Bake biscuits about 10-11 minutes or until tops are golden and toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow biscuits to cool for about 15-20 minutes, until they are no longer too hot to touch.
- Use a thin spatula to loosen edges of biscuits. Remove biscuits from muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl, add eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Beat eggs with whisk.
- Add oil to large skillet. Swirl oil slightly to coat the surface of the skillet. Bring to medium heat.
- When skillet is hot, add eggs. Cook a few minutes until eggs are set and can be flipped in one piece. Flip eggs and cook a few more minutes until eggs are fully cooked.
- Cut eggs into squares to fit with the biscuits.
- To assemble sandwiches, slice biscuits in half with a sharp bread knife. Layer with sausage, cheese and egg.
- Nutritional information provided is for the biscuits only.
serving: 1biscuit, calories: 216kcal, carbohydrates: 6g, protein: 6g, fat: 20g, saturated fat: 6g, sodium: 102mg, potassium: 186mg, fiber: 2g, sugar: 1g, net carbs: 4g