Pan Fried Haddock, Mediterranean Style, with white wine, cherry tomatoes, Kalamata olives and tangy capers, is a super easy, but very flavorful dish that can be ready in just 20 minutes.
I’m truly fixated on this formula for Pan Fried Haddock arranged in Mediterranean Style. The sauce is really delicious! It consolidates all my #1 flavors, with olives and tricks on the first spot on the list. Also, fish and wine pair so well together. However, the genuine star is – the CRISPY fish. I realize some will address, how might you accomplish a firm fish in case it’s in a sauce?
Sautéed Fish with mediterranean sauce
The mystery is to broil the fish independently, and simply serve it on a bed of the sauce. In this way, you make the sauce in an alternate container and afterward either top the fish with it on it once it’s prepared, or serve it on a plate with the sauce on the base and the fish on top.
However, that is not all… In request to make this fish very firm and accomplish a magnificently brilliant earthy colored tone, I utilized the enchanted force of… (sit tight for it)… .WONDRA flour!
I found the mysterious force of Wondra while making this Jacques Pepin Chicken with Garlic and Parsley and I am truly fixated on it. This stuff is stunning! It’s so fine and light. It makes exceptionally delicate covering, however makes the food so fresh! In the event that you haven’t attempted it yet, I energetically suggest trying it out. I tracked down mine on Amazon(affiliate interface), yet most stores have it as well.
However, stand by there’s something else. After you cover your filet with Wondra, you’ll then, at that point, lower the fish in whipped egg and afterward cook it on a hot dish with browning oil (I typically use cooking olive oil yet you can utilize whichever cooking oil you have). I realize it might sound odd, yet it truly gets the job done. On the off chance that you don’t have Wondra, don’t stress over it. You can utilize a universally handy flour it’ll in any case accomplish a freshness. The player on the fish will be somewhat thicker however it should in any case be fresh.
Pan Fried Haddock Mediterranean Style with white wine, cherry tomatoes, kalamata olives and tangy capers is very easy but very flavorful dish that can be ready in 20 minutes.
Course: Dinner, Main Course
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
For the fish
- 3 fillets Haddock
- 2 tbsp flour Wondra
- 1 egg beaten
- 3 tbsp oil cooking
- Salt and Black Pepper
For the sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 onion yellow, medium, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 tbsp peperoncini chopped
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp parsley fresh, chopped
- 1 tbsp basil fresh, chopped
- Season fish filets on both sides with salt and pepper, then cover with Wondra flour;
- Heat up the cooking oil in a frying pan;
- Beat an egg and coat the fish with the egg wash on both sides;
- Add the fish to the frying pan and fry on each side until golden brown, for 3-4 minutes on each side;
- In a separate pan, heat up extra virgin olive oil;
- Add chopped onions and cook for 2-3 minutes until translucent;
- Add chopped garlic and cook for one more minute;
- Add white wine and deglaze the pan;
- Add tomatoes, olives, capers and peperoncini and cook for 2-3 minutes;
- Add chicken stock and let it reduce by half (3-4 minutes);
- Sprinkle with fresh herbs and serve with the fish.
Calories: 346kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 146mg | Sodium: 672mg | Potassium: 635mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 510IU | Vitamin C: 13.4mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 1mg