This Tuscan Chicken and Potatoes Casserole is an extremely satisfying dish. Crispy chicken and potatoes with spinach, sun dried tomatoes and bacon bits, all smothered in a creamy Parmesan sauce. Doesn’t that sound amazing?
Okay folks, this dish truly is remarkable. It consolidates such countless stunning flavors… This rich garlic Parmesan sauce with bacon over a tagliatelle pasta was a “go to” of mine, since the time I was living in Poland, and it’s constantly been a success. I used to cook some bacon, then, at that point, add garlic and cream, cook for a little, and add at long last cheddar toward the end. Then, at that point, I’d throw it with some tagliatelle pasta and that was it.
I chose to utilize this sauce in this Creamy Tuscan Chicken goulash dish and afterward dress it up a tad. The outcome is truly wonderful. For this formula, I likewise added sun-dried tomatoes and spinach. Furthermore, on the grounds that bacon improves everything, I have added it toward the end so it remained crunchy.
Tuscan Style Chicken and Potatoes is an extremely satisfying dish. Crispy chicken and potatoes with spinach, sun dried tomatoes and bacon bits, all smothered in a creamy Parmesan sauce.
Course: Main Course, Main Dish
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 6 Chicken Thighs
- 2 cups Potatoes red or creamers, cut up in small chunks
- 2 tbsp Oil for frying
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1.5 cups Heavy cream
- 1/3 cup Sun-Dried Tomatoes cut into strips
- 2 cups Spinach
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- 2 slices Bacon chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Sweet paprika
- Cooking Spray
- Parsley for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400 F;
- In a pot bring a water to boil, add a teaspoon of salt and add cut up potatoes; cook them for approximately 15 minutes, then drained and set aside.
- Heat up cooking oil in a cast iron skillet or other heavy pan;
- Season chicken on both sides with salt, pepper and sweet paprika;
- Add chicken to the skillet and cook on each side until browned for approximately 3-4 minutes;
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside;
- Discard all but a tablespoon of fat from the skillet and add garlic. Cook for about a minute and then pour in the heavy cream.
- Let the cream cook for a couple of minutes until thickened up (about 5 minutes). Then add spinach and sun dried tomatoes and mix well;
- Turn off the heat and add Parmesan Cheese, mix until melted and well combined with the sauce. Check for seasoning and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Prepare a casserole dish big enough to hold 6 chicken thighs and potatoes; spray it generously with cooking spray;
- Add potatoes to the casserole dish; pour the sauce over the potatoes and place chicken on top of it;
- Transfer the dish into the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and internal thermometer shows 165F and the potatoes are fork tender.
- While your chicken and potatoes are baking, add cut up bacon to a clean skillet and cook until golden brown and crispy;
- Once the chicken and potatoes are cooked, remove casserole dish from the oven, sprinkle with bacon and parsley and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Calories: 506kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 199mg | Sodium: 335mg | Potassium: 911mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 2120IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 188mg | Iron: 4.1mg