Spicy and Creamy Cajun Chicken with Bell Peppers – easy, lean, and healthy one-pan dinner! The chicken breasts are coated with the homemade Cajun seasoning and topped with cream cheese. Then, the chicken is oven-baked on top of the sliced bell peppers. A gluten-free and low-carb recipe that will become a family favorite!
This hot and smooth Cajun chicken heat is incredible both for lunch and supper. The flavors in this fast and simple formula are incredible! Actually like hot Cajun shrimp.
Damp and succulent chicken bosoms are covered with cream cheddar and finished off with ringer peppers. Like this straightforward broccoli cheddar chicken. Also, the most outstanding aspect? This one-pot supper is done in less than 45 minutes. Counting the prep and the baking time. Everything is cooked in one dish, so the tidy up is insignificant.
Creamy Cajun Chicken Bake with Bell Peppers and Cream Cheese. Easy and quick one-pan meal. Moist and juicy chicken breasts are seasoned with the homemade Cajun spice with lots of paprika! The baked chicken is tender and flavorful. Low-carb and gluten-free dinner recipe.
PREP TIME 15 mins
COOK TIME 30 mins
TOTAL TIME 45 mins
COURSE Main Course
SERVINGS 4 people
CALORIES PER SERVING 485 kcal
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 bell peppers , small, thinly sliced (or use mini sweet peppers)
- 4 chicken breasts , small
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 6 oz cream cheese , cold, refrigerated, and sliced into 8 slices
- ½ cup cheddar cheese , shredded
How to make Cajun chicken seasoning
- Combine all seasoning ingredients in a small bowl. Mix to combine.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Place thinly sliced bell peppers on the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Place chicken breasts on top (so that the peppers will cook underneath the chicken).
- Generously sprinkle Cajun seasoning all over the chicken breasts. You don’t have to use all the seasoning. Top with minced garlic.
- Top each chicken breast with 2 slices of cream cheese.
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake the chicken uncovered at 375 F in the preheated oven for 20-30 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Broil for 2 minutes, if desired.
- To serve, scoop the bell peppers from underneath the chicken. Place them evenly around the chicken and on top.
- The cooking time depends on the thickness of your chicken breasts.
- Store leftovers in airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Amount per Serving | Calories 485% | Daily Value | Fat 25g 38% | SaturatedFat 12g 75% | Cholesterol 206mg 69% | Sodium 635mg 28% | Potassium 1057mg 30% | Carbohydrates 6g 2% | Fiber 1g 4% | Sugar 4g 4% | Protein 54g 108% | Vitamin A 2940IU 59% | Vitamin C 79.6mg 96% | Calcium 164mg 16% | Iron 1.5mg 8%
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.