Mexican Street Corn Black Bean Chicken Bake – this recipe is inspired by classic Mexican street food, Elote (or Mexican corn on the cob). Chicken breasts are topped with Chili powder, corn kernels, black beans, and Cotija cheese. Then, everything is baked in the oven for about 25 minutes. Amazing, delicious, gluten-free dish! Tastes just like Mexican Street Corn, but it’s made as a chicken bake!
This Mexican Street Corn Chicken Bake has become one of my cherished ways of cooking chicken. The mix of the pungent Cotija cheddar and sweet corn along with the fiery Chili powder tastes so great! Envision all of this decency over prepared chicken, and you’ll be enamored, actually like me!
Mexican Street Corn is typically barbecued and covered with margarine, mayonnaise, Cotija cheddar, and cayenne pepper. It is additionally called Mexican natural corn (Elote).
I utilize meagerly cut skinless, boneless chicken bosoms in this formula. In the event that you purchased huge chicken bosoms, you can cut every huge chicken bosom in half on a level plane to make two slim chicken bosoms.
To make legitimate Mexican Street Corn, you need to utilize Cotija cheddar. Cotija cheddar is a hard milk cheddar that is extremely pungent, with a solid character. It’s a lovely firm cheddar and is ideal for grinding over corn. In the event that for reasons unknown you can’t discover Cotija cheddar, use Feta cheddar all things considered.
This recipe is inspired by classic Mexican street food, Elote (or Mexican corn on the cob). Chicken breasts are topped with Chili powder, corn kernels, black beans, and Cotija cheese. Amazing, delicious, gluten free Mexican Street Corn Black Bean Chicken Bake.
PREP TIME 10 mins
COOK TIME 25 mins
TOTAL TIME 35 mins
COURSE Main Course
SERVINGS 4 people
CALORIES PER SERVING 541 kcal
- 4 chicken breasts thinly sliced, skinless boneless
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 8 oz corn drained (half of 15 oz can)
- 15 oz black beans from the can (washed and drained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 4 oz cotija cheese crumbled (or use Feta cheese)
- 3 green onions chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Add chicken breasts to the medium casserole dish. Note: Make sure to use thinly sliced chicken breasts. If you bought large chicken breasts, you can slice each large chicken breast in half horizontally to make two thin chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and chili powder.
- Top the chicken with corn kernels and black beans.
- Sprinkle with more chili powder. Top with crumbled Cotija cheese.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked through. Remove from heat. Top with chopped green onions.
Amount per Serving | Calories 541% | Daily Value | Fat 13g 20% | Saturated Fat 5g 31% | Cholesterol 169mg 56% | Sodium 647mg 28% | Potassium 1457mg 42% | Carbohydrates 40g 13% | Fiber 12g 50% | Sugar 4g 4% | Protein 64g 128% | Vitamin A 1610IU 32% | Vitamin C 7.5mg 9% | Calcium 199mg 20% | Iron 4.3mg 24%