This Quinoa & Spinach Delicata Squash is a Vegan and Gluten-Free recipe. Each delicata squash is loaded with quinoa and spinach, chopped walnuts, dried cranberries and topped with crispy onions. A deliciously wholesome dish you can enjoy all season!
Fall showed up thus has our hankering for heartier and heavier, supplement thick dinners, soups and warm bowl. Meat is frequently one we go after, regardless of whether that is a finger licking Beef Short Ribs or Classic Beef Stew formula or even an Oxtail Stew.
While everything sounds great, for me a decent eating routine as a rule feels more dietary-accommodating. Also it offers me the chance to attempt every one of the yummy occasional food varieties.
Fortunately there are a lot of choices to fuel our carb-desiring selves with something beyond a substantial feast.
I’m for the most part suggesting to the squash family, which is a lighter and unbelievably heavenly choice for the individuals who are on a low carb diet, plant based or simply looking for equilibrium and nourishment.
There are so many interesting squash composes there, you could very well need to attempt a couple.
The present formula focuses light on one of our top picks; delicata squash. It’s not difficult to cherish delicata squash for its advantageous size which makes it simple to deal with, gentle sweet character and adaptability.
This quinoa and spinach stuffed delicata squash formula is generally astonishing. Every half can be filled in as a singular part. The quinoa and spinach lifts the dietary profile making this Vegan and sans gluten formula a total and fulfilling supper.
How to prepare delicata squash
- Always start by washing the skin thoroughly, even scrub it with a vegetable brush and mild soap. Because we will not be removing the skin it is important that it’s very clean.
- Slice in half lengthwise. For safety measures I like to rotate the squash to a position that feels supported and not likely to roll out of your hand as you slice it.
- Use a spoon to clean the cavity. Remove all seeds and gunk (picture above)
- Use a kitchen brush to coat the squash with olive oil (picture below)
- Finally, season with salt and pepper (picture below)
This Quinoa & Spinach Delicata Squash is a Vegan and Gluten-Free recipe. Each delicata squash is loaded with quinoa and spinach, chopped walnuts, dried cranberries and topped with crispy onions.
Prep Time 12 mins
Cook Time 45 mins
Total Time 57 mins
Course: Side Dish
Keyword: Delicata Squash, Roasted Squash
Servings: 2 servings
- 1 delicata squash, halved lengthwise
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- pinch salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp crispy fried onion (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 400F degrees.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise and remove the seeds and gunk from cavity. Brush each side with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place squash cut-side down on a baking sheet. Roast for 40-45 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook quinoa according to package instructions. When done fold in spinach, walnuts and craberries and set aside.
- Remove squash from oven. Using a fork carefully carve out some of the flesh loose. Scoop in the quinoa and spinach mix to fill the squash cavity. Top with crispy friend onions if using. Garnish with fresh herbs and serve.